Keeping pantry staples like dry pasta on hand is always helpful, especially for those days when the fridge and cupboard are a bit bare – no need for pricey takeout or complicated recipes. It’s easy to make a delicious, healthy meal in minutes that will satisfy the whole family. Take a look at some of the ideas below to see how pasta can fit into your meal planning.
Be sure to stock your pantry and refrigerator with such ingredients so you always have a quick, healthy and affordable meal at your fingertips. With olive oil, salt, pepper and a vegetable, lean meat or legume of your choice, you can always whip up a delicious meal!
QUICK PASTA PANTRY IDEAS
- Pasta + Pesto + Peas + Roasted Red Peppers (in the jar) = Pasta with Pesto
- Pasta + Eggs (or egg whites) + Lean Ham + Parmesan Cheese = Pasta Carbonara (Bonus: Add some peas for color and veggies!)
- Pasta + Tuna + Olives + Olive Oil = Weeknight Pasta Nicoise
- Spaghetti + Black Pepper + Grated Cheese + Olive Oil = Easy Cheese and Pepper Pasta
- Pasta + Cherry Tomatoes + Basil + Olive Oil + Garlic = Quick Pasta with Fresh Tomatoes (add chopped parsley for extra flavor and presentation!)
- Pasta + Chick Peas + Green Onion + Olive Oil + Garlic + Salt + Pepper = Pasta with Chick Peas (substitute chickpeas for peas or beans for alternative flavors and dishes!)
- Pasta + Zucchini Slices + Salt + Pepper + Olive Oil + Onion = Pasta with Zucchini (you can substitute zucchini for asparagus, peas, cauliflower, broccoli or any vegetable of your choice!)
- Pasta + Walnuts + Parsley + Garlic + Dried Red Pepper + Sautéed Onions + Feta Cheese = Greek Walnut Pasta
- Pasta + Cooked Butternut Squash + Kale + Olive Oil + Sage = Winter Butternut Squash Pasta
- Pasta + Cilantro + Chicken (leftover cooked chicken) + Sliced Green Olives + Tomato Sauce = Pasta with Chicken and Green Olives