Looking for an expensive and yummy meal? Try this Roasted Garlic and Parmesan Noodles recipe from our friend Erin Chase, “The $5 Dinner Mom.” Erin also shares some tips on making budget friendly meals in our Pasta Spotlight!
- 1 lb. spaghetti or other favorite noodles
- 4 heads of garlic
- Drizzle olive oil
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese
- Pinchful of oregano leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta noodles as directed on the package.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut off the tops of the garlic heads and place them in a small baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil, and place a small piece of foil over the top, so the tops don’t burn.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, and enjoy the aroma.
- Remove from oven and let cool until you can handle them, about 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic into a small bowl or chopper/food processor. Add another drizzle of olive oil, the parmesan cheese, oregano leaves, salt and pepper. Mash well, or chop until “paste” forms.
- Once the noodles are cooked and drained, add the paste and toss together.
- Serve Roasted Garlic & Parmesan Noodles, as a side dish with baked chicken, beef roast, or other favorite Italian dish.