Looking for a new twist on a pasta salad? Loaded with veggies our spinach and basil pesto pasta salad is sure to add some exciting flavors to your dinner table!
- 1 lb. fusilli (or other short pasta shape)
- 3 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup grape tomatoes, chopped into small pieces
- ¼ cup part skim mozzarella cheese, cut into small pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the fusilli according to package directions. Drain and reserve with a splash of olive oil.
- Thoroughly wash and dry all of the produce. Place the spinach, basil, walnuts, garlic, parmesan cheese, and half of the oil in food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped. Add the rest of the oil and pulse until smooth.
- Fold pesto, tomato, and mozzarella into pasta. Add salt and pepper to taste. Keep refrigerated until its ready to be served.
Serving size: Calories per serving: Fat per serving: