Besides being delicious, we know that pasta has plenty of health benefits like providing folic acid, being cholesterol free, and sustaining energy. As if those weren’t enough reasons to eat pasta, WebMD recently listed 14 more reasons why you should eat pasta! Pasta is part of a good diet – it provides energy and is great for adding other health foods.
- It keeps you fuller longer. As a filling dish, you won’t be quick to follow your pasta meal with unhealthy foods.
- It’s affordable – because it has cheap ingredients, pasta is consistently an affordable meal.
- Pasta is versatile. You can have it as an appetizer, side dish, or the main meal. It can also come as a salad or can be used for breakfast or even dessert!
- It’s a simple meal to make. Even the most beginner cooks can make pasta. It also comes with easy cleanup!
- With so many different shapes, there are countless possibilities for pairing pastas. You can have lots of fun switching shapes for different recipes.
- Whole grain pasta has added health benefits like protecting against stomach and colon cancers.
- It can help you lose weight. As shown in a recent study, people who ate pasta as part of the Mediterranean Diet lost more body fat than those who did not.
- Pasta is low in sodium. Many foods high in salt content can lead to heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes.
- It’s low in fat. Pasta by itself has just slightly more than half a gram of fat per serving.
- Pasta can help keep blood sugar regulated due to its low glycemic index. This can also help prevent diabetes and obesity.
- Pasta stays good for a very long time. Both dry and frozen pastas have shelf life of several months.
- Pasta can be gluten-free so those with gluten sensitivities don’t have to miss out!
- Pasta can even be eaten for dessert!
For pasta recipes and ideas, visit PastaFits.org.