There is not a more delicious way to get your veggies – and a healthy dose of protein – than with this easy Lasagna Verde recipe.
Prep Time 1 hour 30 minutes
Servings 8 Servings
- 4 oz. lasagna noodles about 8 sheets or enough for 2 layers
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 lbs. spinach well-washed
- 32 oz. part-skim ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp./½ oz. garlic grated or finely chopped
- 1 tsp. lemon zest from about 1 lemon
- ¼ tsp. grated nutmeg
- 2 cups/10 oz. frozen peas
- 2 cups/8 oz. asparagus cut in ½” pieces
- ½ cup/2 oz. grated Parmigiano
- 8 oz. mozzarella grated, divided
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain, toss with olive oil, and reserve.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place the spinach in a large pan over medium heat. If spinach is still wet, simply cover pan and wilt. If it’s dry, add ¼ cup water to the pan, cover, and wilt. Drain spinach. When cool enough to handle, roughly chop it and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Place spinach in a large bowl with the ricotta, eggs, garlic, zest, nutmeg, peas, asparagus, Parmigiano and half of the mozzarella. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place half the noodles along the bottom of a 9” x 13” pan. Top with half of the ricotta mixture. Repeat with remaining noodles and ricotta mixture.
- Strew remaining mozzarella over the top. Place in the oven and cook until heated through (about 30 minutes).
An exclusive PastaFits.org recipe.