Mediterranean Turkey Casserole
Take leftover turkey, add Mediterranean flavors, and bake – the results? Our Mediterranean Turkey Casserole and your family’s new favorite leftover bake! This easy to throw together meal delivers a dish your whole family will be asking for.
- 1 lb. penne pasta or any medium pasta shape (uncooked)
- 1 14 1/2- oz. can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 14- oz. can artichoke hearts (drained and quartered)
- 1 7 1/2- oz. jar roasted red peppers (drained and sliced)
- 9 Kalamata olives (pitted and sliced)
- 1/2 cup grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare noodles according to package directions; drain. Stir the broth, milk, salt and cornstarch together in a large pot or Dutch oven until the cornstarch is dissolved. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in noodles, turkey, artichoke hearts, red peppers, olives, mozzarella cheese, wine, lemon juice and pepper.
- Heat oven to 350- Spray a 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon noodle mixture into dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake until bubbling around the edges, about 35 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
An exclusive PastaFits.org recipe.