This recipe was contributed by Katie Serbinski from Mom to Mom Nutrition, as part of the Healthy Aperture blogger partnership.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 6 Servings
- 1 lb. uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 small zucchini chopped
- ½ cup mushrooms
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup prepared pesto
- 2 eggs beaten
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 6 fresh basil leaves roughly chopped
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet; add garlic and onions. Sautee for 5 minutes. Add zucchini and mushrooms. Sautee for an additional 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, vegetable mixture, and remaining ingredients except mozzarella cheese. Transfer to a greased pie dish [mine was 9 inches].
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and add mozzarella cheese. Bake for an additional 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges or scoop out and serve.