Looking for a quick and delicious meal solution? This vegetarian pho recipe is quick and easy to prepare, so you can have dinner on the table faster than you can order take-out.
- 2 oz. rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 2 carrots 6.5 oz., cut into matchsticks
- 4 oz. shiitake mushrooms stems removed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion/1.75 oz. sliced
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp. Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 cups sodium-reduced vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 8 baby bok choy 6.5 oz., quartered lengthwise
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro*
- Lime wedges
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large saucepan set over medium-high heat; sauté carrots, mushrooms, onion, ginger and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables start to soften. Sprinkle five-spice and salt over top. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add broth and soy sauce; bring to boil. Add baby bok choy; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
- Divide rice noodles among 4 bowls; top with broth and vegetables. Garnish with green onions and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges. Serve with drizzle of hot sauce and vegetarian hoisin sauce if desired.
*Substitute Thai basil and/or mint for cilantro if desired.
An exclusive Pasta Fits recipe.